This is a list of Languedoc-Roussillon Domaines that tweet. We have a separate list of winemakers who blog. And a list of winemakers on facebook.
The region is pretty well-represented on Twitter, but it could be a lot better. I’m working on that by training winemakers to start increasing their web presence, but not all of them are ready to maintain an active Twitter account.
Interestingly, I noticed a lot more twitter accounts being held by a group of winemakers, an organization that represents them or a marketing representative that tweets for them. They are listed separately when I am capable of telling them apart.
This list also shows a lot winemakers with virtually no followers. Take the time to check them out and maybe a few will be to your liking. Or you can follow the entire list of Languedoc-Roussillon Winemaking Tweeters.
- Domaine O’Vineyards - that’s me, Carcassonne
- Domaine Lisson – Iris in the middle of nowhere ;D Olargues
- La Peira – Rob D in Terrasses du Larzac
- Montazellis -
- Domaine Treloar – Jon Hesford & Rachel Treloar in Roussillon
- Domaine Jones – Katie Jones, Roussillon
- Virgile Joly – Virgile Joly in St Saturnin near TdL
- Domaine Revelh – Cecile Costa in Roussillon
- Rives Blanques – Caryl Panman in Limoux
- Domaine Gayda – Vincent in Malepere
- Sainte Rose -Ruth and Charles Simpson in Cotes de Thongue
- Mas Becha – Charles Perez in Roussillon
- Michel Gassier – Tina & Michel Gassier in Costieres de Nimes
- Las Collas -
- Les Fusionels -
- Mas de Pradines -
- Vignerons Catalans -
- Vigneron Blog – Pierre Fabre, Chateau de Gaure, Limoux and Roussillon
- Argenties -
- Le Couvent -
- Anders Aberg – owner of Domaine la Rabidote
- MontTauchUK – maybe a PR firm, but keeping UK in touch with the co-op’s activities
- Cres Ricards – inactive, but I think they just got bought by Paul Mas. Watch this space.
- Philippe Cambie – an excellent winemaker who works with several Languedoc producers, I put him on this list despite the fact that his bread and butter is Chateauneuf du Pape
- Clos Pacalis
- Domaine du Cers – Only a few tweets.
- Vella Frontera
- Vigneron Blog – Chateau de Gaure
- Chantovent – groupe Jean d’Alibert
- Sarabande – Paul Gordon, Australian in Faugeres
- Combebelle – Catherine in St Chinian
- Castan – Cazouls les Beziers
- Villa Tempora – Serge Schwartz in Pezenas
- Karantes – La Clape
- Jean Guizard – a caviste, but also a vigneron, montpellier
- Reine et Pape – vines near Carcassonne
- Begude – James Kinglake in Limoux
- Castelmaure – Small, artful corbieres cooperative
- Vincent Pousson – not strictly a wine producer? In many ways, the voice of Castelmaure.
- Cevennes Wines – not strictly Languedoc, but they have a lot of vines in the Gard
- Outsiders – not strictly a winemaker, but a group of winemakers
- Vins Roussillon
- Boutenac Corbieres
- Vignerons du Pic (de Saint Loup)
- AOP Corbieres
Communications / Representative Accounts
- Virgile Joly
- Louise Hurren – Even though Louise doesn’t pretend to be a winemaker, she tweets on their behalf a vast majority of the time
- Vincent Pousson – This guy crafts a lot of Castelmaure’s communications and I see him as an extension of that cooperative although I don’t think he’s a member… he might as well be.
- Skalli Wines – Not only south of France but Skalli was a big influence in the Languedoc
- ??? I have no idea who this is, but they are appear to be representing a winery near Limoux
If you know any other Languedoc Roussillon Domaines on Twitter, feel free to correct this list by emailing me or by commenting below. I know a lot of folks but I don’t know everybody! And sometimes I’m just forgetful.